What are five benefits of taking French?
11 Top Benefits of Learning French That May Surprise You
- Open yourself up to the world. …
- Date a French girl or guy. …
- Travel to a French speaking country with confidence. …
- Earn $75,000 more. …
- Open doors to international job opportunities. …
- Learn other Romance languages easily. …
- Become more interesting. …
- Improve top education prospects.
Why is learning a new language so fun?
1. Mo’ confidence, mo’ fun. Learning a language boosts your confidence: You will make new friends, understand movies without subtitles, and you’ll even be able to help tourists who ask for directions. Compliments, admiration and occasional applause can be a pleasant side effect when learning a language.
How can I make French learning fun?
- 1 1.Listen to podcasts.
- 2 2 Listen to French radio.
- 3 3. Listen to French music.
- 4 4. Watch French TV.
- 5 5. Watch great French videos.
- 6 6. Read news in French.
- 7 7. Read a book in French.
- 8 8. Listen to a book.
Is French worth learning?
The short answer is that unless you already know you need a specific language other than French for your career, French is absolutely worth its investment. It will open up opportunities in law, academia, international relations, and business across the world and set you up to learn of romance languages if necessary.
Why French is so important?
French is a major language of international communication. It is the second most widely learned language after English and the sixth most widely spoken language in the world. French is also the second most widely taught language after English, and is taught on every continent.
Why do I enjoy learning languages?
Dealing with another culture enables people to gain a more profound understanding of their own culture. Creativity is increased with the study of foreign languages. Graduates often cite foreign language courses as some of the most valuable courses in college because of the communication skills developed in the process.
Is learning a foreign language fun?
No matter how many time-saving tricks and how much language-learning experience you have, learning a language is a commitment. … After all, besides being addictively fun, learning a foreign language opens up new cultures, sharpens your mind and generally just makes you an all-around badass.
Why some people love learning languages?
Not only does learning a new language make you (on the whole) more liberal and accepting, it also expands your worldview and breaks down the barriers between you and people from other cultures. As more people travel, this becomes more and more important.
What to do when studying French?
10 tips to learn French fast
- Watch films. Watching films in French with French subtitles is one of the best ways to learn. …
- Learn with songs. Just like films, songs are an excellent way to learn in a playful way. …
- Read. …
- Find a partner. …
- Don’t be scared to try and make mistakes. …
- Listen! …
- Practice. …
- Sign up for an intensive course.
Is Spanish or French more useful?
If you live in the United States or plan to travel throughout Latin America, Spanish is probably going to be much more useful to you. However, if you’re in Canada, or planning to travel or do business there, knowing French is going to be more helpful — it’s an official language of the country, after all.
Is French the most beautiful language?
FRENCH – MOST BEAUTIFUL SPOKEN LANGUAGE
With its unpronounceable “r”, its nasal vowel sounds “en”, “in”, “un” and melodious intonation, it sounds extremely musical to the non-native ear. And let’s not forget the strong cultural context which lends French the status of the most beautiful spoken language in the world.
Is French even useful?
For Americans, since most people learn Spanish in school, speaking French gives you an edge over other jobseekers. Why it’s such an important language: Due to the wide usage of the French language as the second most learned language after English, learning French is extremely valuable.