What is être conjugation?
The verb être (to be) is an irregular verb in the present tense. In il/elle/on est form, the s is not pronounced. In the vous êtes form, the s is pronounced as a or z to link with the vowel ê in êtes.
What are the forms of être in French?
Verb tables: Etre
|Person||Present (I am)||Future (I will be)|
|1st Singular.||je suis||je serai|
|2nd Singular||tu es||tu seras|
|3rd Singular||il / elle / on … est||il (..) sera|
|1st plural||nous sommes||nous serons|
What is verb être in French?
The French verb être means to be. It can be used in its various conjugations to form descriptions when paired with adjectives.
What is unique about the verb être?
Être is one of the two most important French verbs (avoir is the other one) and has irregular conjugations in just about every tense and mood. Être literally means “to be,” but also serves as an auxiliary verb and is the key to the passive voice.
What is the present tense conjugation of the verb être using the third person pronoun plural?
Être Conjugation in the Present tense
|Je suis||I am||Nous sommes|
|Tu es||You are||Vous êtes|
|Il est||He is||Ils sont|
|Elle est||She is||Elles sont|
How do you conjugate être in the Imparfait?
In L’Imparfait, almost all the verbs follow the same pattern of conjugation. See Conjugate regular verbs in L’Imparfait (imperfect tense). However (as usual!), the verb être (to be) is slightly irregular.
|je / j’||-ais|
How do you form the Imparfait?
How to Conjugate Verbs in the Imparfait:
- The stem consists of the first-person plural (nous) form of the present tense without the o n s ending.
- Add the following endings to the stem: a i s, a i s, a i t, i o n s, i e z, a i e n t. All of the singular and the third-person plural endings are pronounced the same way.
How do you conjugate Aller verbs in French?
Aller in the present tense
- Je vais – I go, I am going.
- Tu vas – You go, you are going (sing. fam.)
- Il va – He/It goes, he/it is going.
- Elle va – She/It goes, she/it is going.
- Nous allons – We go, we are going.
- Vous allez – You go, you are going (pl. pol.)
- Ils vont – They (m.) go, they are going.
- Elles vont – They (f.)
Which of the following are the conjugations of être?
Let’s conjugate ÊTRE
- I am = Je suis. I am a woman = Je suis une femme.
- You are = Tu es (casual) You are so friendly = Tu es si gentil.
- She is = Elle est. …
- He is = Il est. …
- We are = on est. …
- We are = nous sommes. …
- You are = vous êtes (formal or you all) …
- They are = Elles sont (for an exclusively feminine group)
How do you conjugate avoir in passe compose?
To form the passé composé of verbs using avoir, conjugate avoir in the present tense (j’ai, tu as, il a, nous avons, vous avez, ils ont) and add the past participle of the verb expressing the action. Put the words together this way: subject + helping verb (usually avoir) + past participle.