Who does France trade most with?
France’s main trade partners are the European Union (Germany being the 1st customer and supplier), the United States and China. The departure of the UK from the EU (Brexit) raises many questions and may lead to a reorganisation of trade relations. The UK is currently France’s 5th customer and 8th supplier.
What France imports the most?
France’s Top 10 Imports
- Machinery including computers: US$71.3 billion (12.5% of total imports)
- Vehicles: $65.4 billion (11.5%)
- Electrical machinery, equipment: $53.6 billion (9.4%)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $39.6 billion (7%)
- Pharmaceuticals: $28.7 billion (5%)
- Plastics, plastic articles: $22.2 billion (3.9%)
How many countries does france trade with?
In 2019, France major trading partner countries for exports were Germany, United States, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom and for imports they were Germany, China, Italy, United States and Belgium.
Which country does France export to the most?
In 2019, the top partner countries to which France Exports All Products include Germany, United States, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom.
What did the French mainly trade?
The French were primarily interested in establishing commercially viable colonial outposts, so they created extensive trading networks throughout New France. They relied on native hunters to harvest furs, especially beaver pelts, and to exchange these items for French goods, like glass beads.
What countries import from France?
France Product Imports by country
In 2019, the top partner countries from which France Imports All Products include Germany, China, Italy, United States and Belgium.
How much does France export to UK?
France Exports to United Kingdom was US$30.99 Billion during 2020, according to the United Nations COMTRADE database on international trade.
What are France’s top 5 exports?
France’s Top 10 Exports
- Aircraft, spacecraft: $29.2 billion (6.1%)
- Plastics, plastic articles: $19.3 billion (4.1%)
- Perfumes, cosmetics: $17.9 billion (3.8%)
- Beverages, spirits, vinegar: $17.5 billion (3.7%)
- Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $16.1 billion (3.4%)
- Other chemical goods: $12.8 billion (2.7%)
Does France import or export food?
However, France imports more fruit and vegetables than it exports. In 2018, more than 6.5 billion euros worth of fruit and vegetables were imported, compared to 2.2 billion euros exported.