How do you use have in French?
Avoir (to have) is a very useful verb and is used whenever we would say ‘have’ in English. It is also used to form other tenses, such as the passé composé (the perfect tense).
What are the 17 etre verbs in French?
The following is a list of verbs (and their derivatives) that require être:
- aller > to go.
- arriver > to arrive.
- descendre > to descend / go downstairs. redescendre > to descend again.
- entrer > to enter. rentrer > to re-enter.
- monter > to climb. remonter > to climb again.
- mourir > to die.
- naître > to be born. …
- partir > to leave.
What is the past tense of have in French?
The irregular verbs in the past tense
|Verb||What it means||Past participle|
|Devoir||To have to, must||dû|
|Dire||To say, to tell||dit|
Do you have in French formal?
The French translation for “Do you have any children? (formal)” is Avez-vous des enfants ?. The French, Avez-vous des enfants ?, can be broken down into 4 parts:”have (2nd person plural)” (avez), “you (singular polite form and plural)” (vous), “some (plural)” (des) and “children” (enfants).
How do you conjugate first group verbs in French?
Endings for the conjugation of the french first group verbs
- INFINITIVE : -er.
- INDICATIVE. Present :-e, -es, -e, -ons, -ez, -ent. …
- SUBJUNCTIVE. Present : -e, -es, -e, -ions, -iez, -ent. …
- CONDITIONAL. Present : -erais, -erais, -erait, -erions, -eriez, -eraient.
- IMPERATIVE. Present : -e, -ons, -ez.
- PARTICIPLE. Present : -ant.
How do you conjugate?
To conjugate a verb, you add unique suffixes to its base verb form. The right suffix depends on the person in a sentence you refer to, who is also known as the subject of the sentence.