What is 10th grade in French called?
The tenth year of schooling in France is known as the Seconde, so called because it is the second last in secondary education. It is the first year of High School (“Lycée”).
How do you say year level in French?
There are five levels:
- CP: Cours préparatoire or 11ème – age 6 to 7 years old.
- CE1: Cours élémentaire or 10ème – age 7 to 8 years old.
- CE2: Cours élémentaire or 9ème – age 8 to 9 years old.
- CM1: Cours moyen 1 or 8ème – 9 to 10 years old.
- CM2: Cours moyen 2 or 7ème – 10 to 11 years old.
What are school years called in French?
The French school year numbering system in secondary school works in descending order. The final year is called la terminale and the first year is known as la sixième.
What is France’s year one called?
|5-6||Maternelle||Year 1 Infants 1|
|6-7||Primaire CP – Cours Préparatoire||Year 2 Infants 2|
|7-8||CE1 – Cours Elémentaire 1||Year 3 Juniors|
|8-9||CE2 – Cours Elémentaire 2||Year 4|
What is KG1 in French?
KG1 (3 to 4 years old), KG2 (4 to 5 years old), and KG3 (5 to 6 years old) [English and French Sections]
How old is a 10th grader?
Year / Grade Placement
|Age||UK Years||US/International Grades|
|13 – 14||Year 9||8th Grade|
|14 – 15||Year 10||9th Grade (Freshman)|
|15 – 16||Year 11||10th Grade (Sophomore)|
|16 – 17||Year 12 / Lower 6th||11th Grade (Junior)|
How do you say my grade level in French?
Here are the different French elementary school grades:
- Cours préparatoire ou CP (6 ans) = 1st Grade (Year 2 UK).
- Cours élémentaire 1re année ou CE1 (7 ans) = 2nd grade (Year 3 UK).
- Cours élémentaire 2e année ou CE2 (8 ans) = 3rd grade (Year 4 UK).
- Cours moyen 1re année ou CM1 (9 ans) = 4th grade(Year 5 UK).
How do you say middle school in France?
- [head teacher] du collège.
- [library, cafeteria] du collège.
- [mathematics] des collèges.