How do you change an interrogative sentence into a sentence in French?
The solution is so simple. Just add Qu’est-ce que ... or a similar expression to the start of a declarative statement and it becomes a question. IMPORTANT: when questions are formed using Qu’est-ce que … or a similar expression, there is no inversion of subject and verb.
How do you rewrite an interrogative sentence?
- If a sentence is in the affirmative it is changed into negative interrogative. …
- If there is no auxiliary verb in the sentence change it by using do/does/did Or don’t /Doesn’t /didn’t. …
- Never is replaced by ever in interrogative sentences. …
- Everybody/everyone/all is replaced by Who+ don’t / doesn’t / didn’t.
How do you use interrogative in French?
French has three interrogative pronouns: qui, que, and lequel, which are used to ask questions.
When que is the object of the question, it can be followed by est-ce que or inversion.
- Qu’est-ce qu’il veut? / Que veut-il ? …
- Qu’est-ce que tu penses de mon idée? / Que penses-tu de mon idée?
How do you convert an interrogative sentence into a declarative sentence?
From Declarative to Interrogative
a) A declarative sentence can be changed into interrogative by putting the verb before the subject. b) When a declarative sentence has two verbs- one helping and one main , it can be changed into interrogative by putting the subject between the two verbs.
How do you change an interrogative sentence into an indirect speech?
To make indirect speech for such question sentences, the word ‘if’ or ‘whether’ is used before the reported speech (i.e., the question) within the sentence. Both of these words can be used interchangeably. It should be noted that question is always expressed in a positive form in indirect speech.
How do you change an interrogative sentence into a declarative sentence?
Interrogative sentences always ask a question or request information.
- To convert an interogative sentence into a declarative sentence try answering the question. …
- Helping verbs should be changed.
- If there are do, does or did then use action verbs in changed forms.
- Did Vihaan join the football team last month?
What is inversion French?
In French, the normal order of words is subject (noun or pronoun) + verb: Il doit. Inversion is when the normal word order is inverted to verb + subject and, in the case of a pronoun being inverted, joined by a hyphen: Doit-il.
Does she speak French How do you ask this question in French?
Parle-t-elle français? (Does she speak French?)