What are the main features of French Revolution Class 10?
- A body of active citizens, elected the Estates General and renamed it the National Assembly.
- A centralised administrative system was created formulating uniform laws for all French citizens.
- All internal custom duties and dues were abolished.
- A uniform system of weights and measures was adopted.
What were the main causes of the French Revolution of 1789 Class 9?
Causes of the French Revolution:
- Despotic rule of Louis XVI: He became the ruler of France in 1774. …
- Division of French society: The French society was divided into three estates; first, second and third estates, respectively. …
- Rising prices: The population of France had increased.
What are the 3 main features of French Constitution in 1791?
1)The monarch was placed under the authority of the government, and France became a Constitutional Monarchy, according to the New Constitution adopted by the National Assembly. 2)The Feudal System was Dismantled. 3)Privileges were taken away from the nobility and clergy.
What are the main features of democracy Class 9?
Hint: Democracy can be simply defined as the government for the people, of the people and by the people.
- In a Democracy, people have the right to vote and hence choose their representatives. …
- Democracy involves extensive debate and discussion. …
- Democracy also ensures transparency.
What were the main causes of the French Revolution answer?
The upheaval was caused by widespread discontent with the French monarchy and the poor economic policies of King Louis XVI, who met his death by guillotine, as did his wife Marie Antoinette.