What are some fun facts about French?
5 French Language Facts:
- French is a Romance language. …
- There are around 220 million French speakers worldwide. …
- French has a great number of homophones. …
- About 45% of modern English words are of French origin. …
- Along with English, French remains an influential language in the diplomatic world.
Did you know about France?
- Population: 68 million people live in the country (2021)
- Capital: Paris, with 11 million inhabitants.
- Name: République Française (French Republic)
- Motto: ‘Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité’ (Liberty, Equality, Fraternity)
- Government: Democracy.
- Language: French.
- Religion: mainly Christians 65%, Muslims 8%
What’s special about France?
Just about everywhere you go in France there are atmospheric and historic buildings with stories to tell. The monuments of Paris and the picturesque chateaux and castles across the country are unique and charming to visitors from outside Europe, and probably work their magic on many Europeans too.
What are French facts?
[ˈfækt ] 1. (= piece of information) fait m. facts and figures les faits mpl et les chiffres mpl. the facts about sth les éléments mpl de qch.
What is France known for food?
Top 5 foods in France
- Cassoulet. One particular dish that gained popularity in southern France is Cassoulet. …
- Oeufs en meurette. If you ever find yourself in Burgundy mid-morning then stop off for brunch and try this French version of poached eggs. …
- Religieuse au chocolat. …
- Baguette au fromage. …