These include the sexual exploitation of minors (France had no age of consent until 2018), racism, poverty in the banlieue, police brutality, immigration and reconciling with their colonial past, the concept of laïcité and its controversial implications for Muslims (especially Muslim women) in France, anti-Semitism, …
What are some of France’s weaknesses?
- Insufficient number of exporting companies, loss of competitiveness and market share.
- Weakening of the product range, insufficient innovation efforts.
- Low employment rate of young people and senior citizens.
- Room for improving the efficiency of public spending.
- High public debt.
- Growing private debt.
What are some issues in Paris?
25 Problems with living in Paris
- Over Priced cocktails & Beers.
- Smells like urine.
- Public transportation strikes.
- Bad coffee but I give them the fact that they have amazing pastries.
- The size of apartments, but also overpriced.
- Having to bike across the Champs-Élysées in rush hour traffic.
What human rights issues are a concern for France?
- Law Enforcement and Police Abuse.
- Unaccompanied Migrant Children’s Rights.
- Migrants and Asylum Seekers’ Rights.
- Discrimination and Intolerance.
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
- Women’s Rights.
- Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
What was the main problem in the French economy?
Unemployment is high and the government’s finances are weak. “France’s fundamental economic problem,” the OECD says, “is a lack of growth.” The latest figures for economic activity (gross domestic product or GDP) for the first quarter of the year show growth of 0.5%.
Why is France such a rich country?
France’s diversified economy is led by tourism, manufacturing, and pharmaceuticals. The government has partially or fully privatized many large companies but maintains a strong presence in such sectors as power, public transport, and defense.
Why is the French economy so bad?
The high level of corporate taxation in France is logically another of the principal causes of the falling competitiveness of French industry on the global market, and its growing trade deficit. These in turn contribute to France’s systemic problem of high unemployment.
What is happening to the French economy?
France jolted analysts this morning announcing its economy contracted in Q4 – real GDP fell 0.1% when it was expected to grow +0.2%. Numbers from Italy proved the most dour from Europe so far where the economy shrunk by 0.3% for the three months ending in 2019.
Why is Paris Air quality poor?
What are the main causes of lower air quality in Paris? The main causes of air pollution in Paris are, according to Airparif, a network that monitors the quality of the air in the city, transportation, as well as the large variety of industries and the heating of homes and businesses throughout the year.
Is Paris safe to travel?
The Reality: Statistically Speaking, Paris Remains Very Safe
OSAC, the US Bureau of Diplomatic Security, notes that tourists are generally safe in the city, and that street crime such as pickpocketing remains the primary concern.
What should I do in Paris today?
Check full details here!
- #1 Stroll around the Jardins des Tuileries.
- #2 Wander down the Champs Élysées.
- #3 Wander up to the Sacré Coeur.
- #4 Check out the Musée de la Sculpture en Plein Air (Sculpture Garden)
- #5 Visit the Marché aux Fleurs (Flower market)
- #6 Pay a visit to Notre Dame Cathedral.