What documents do I need for a French passport?
You will need to provide the following to accompany your French passport application:
- ID card (or birth certificate and proof of French nationality if you do not have a French ID card)
- Photograph that conforms with the passport guidelines.
- Biometric data (taken at the location you are making your application)
How long does French passport renewal take?
It can take up to 4 weeks to issue passports as they are produced in France. A text message will let you know when your passport is ready for collection. Please be aware that you have 3 months to collect your passport or it will be destroyed.
How do I renew my expired French passport?
To renew a French passport in the United States, you must go to the French consulate. A French passport cannot be renewed via the Internet. Older passports are not machine-readable and replacement takes approximately three weeks.
How do I renew my passport?
Items You Need to Renew Your Passport
- Application form – Use the renewal application form DS-82 (PDF, Download Adobe Reader). …
- Passport photo – Follow the photo requirements.
- Payment – Include your passport fees.
- Your most recent passport.
How do I get a French ID card?
France – Apply for a National Identity Card (Adult)
- Obtain a form to apply for a national identity card from the counter.
- Fill in and sign the form.
- Submit your application along with all other required documents.
- You can follow up the status of your application by using the teleservice monitoring application.
How do I renew my French ID card?
You may renew your national ID card before or after its expiry date. To renew your national ID card, gather all necessary documents and personally apply at your local town hall, at the police station of your choice if you live in Paris or at a French Embassy or Consulate if you live abroad.
How many passports can you have?
As a general rule, four passports is probably enough. For some, two or three could even be enough. Some people just don’t want to be a US citizen anymore.
How long does it take to renew a passport?
Renewing your passport with routine processing can be rather long, upwards of 8 to 10 weeks long. Processing times vary depending on seasonality of the US passport agency as well, during the spring and summer applications tend to be more prevalent.
Can I apply for a French passport if my mother is French?
You can apply for French citizenship if either of your parents are French, if you were born in France or have lived there for long enough to fulfil the residency requirements. Alternatively, you may be eligible for citizenship through your marriage to a French citizen, or through some other exceptional circumstance.